Our annual report for current and previous years is available by clicking on the year you wish to view.
This page looks at the impact of our work for people with eating disorders, within the mental health sector and for the wider community.
Eating Disorders Victoria engages with key policy makers and stakeholders to help shape policies, which support the cultural changes that are needed to reduce eating disorders in our community.
We have representatives on advisory committees, collaborations and consortia relating to eating disorder treatment services, positive body image, obesity, healthy eating in schools and others.
Key activities in recent times have included:
- Advisory committee for the Centre For Excellence in Eating Disorders (CEED)
- Advisory Committee for Body image and Eating disorders Treatment Recovery Service (BETRS) at the Austin/St Vincent’s Hospital
- Part of the eating disorders taskforce established by Minister for Mental Health, Hon Mary Wooldridge
- National Eating Disorders Australian Collaboration (NEDC)
- Victorian Government in response to the proposed mental health reform strategy for community based (PDRSS) mental health services.
- Victorian Government in response to the proposed reform of the Mental Health Act
- Australia and NZ Academy of Eating Disorders (ANZAED) annual conference
- National Productivity Commission into Mental Health
- Victorian Royal Commission into Mental Health Services
- New community awareness campaign ‘Feed the Soul’ to encourage a holistic and healthy approach to beliefs, attitudes and behaviours about food and eating
- Community and media activities in Body Image and Eating Disorders Awareness week in September
- Media content and responses as requested
- EDV position paper and guidelines on the portrayal of body images by the media, fashion and advertising industries
- Content for publications in partnership with other professional organisations regarding eating disorders and body image (including Diabetes Victoria, Beyond Blue, Better Health Channel, Australian College of Educators)