If you’re thinking about donating to EDV, it’s likely that you, or someone you care about, has been impacted by an eating disorder.
Eating disorders are serious mental illnesses that affect every aspect of a person’s mental, physical and social health. Just like other mental illnesses, they are not the fault of the individual and can happen to anybody. We are committed to reducing devastating impact of eating disorders on Victorians, and appreciate your support in helping us do this.
Eating Disorders Victoria (EDV) is a non-government, not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the Victorian community for almost 40 years. All donations to EDV over $2 are tax deductible.
What is the impact of your donation?
Your donation will go towards resourcing and growing our range of free and low-cost services.
We know that eating disorders don’t discriminate, and we believe that everyone is deserving of access to information, support and treatment.
Our free/low-cost services include:
- The EDV Hub, a 5 day a week telephone, email and face-to-face service providing information, support and referral information that is staffed by volunteers
- Telehealth Nurse service that provides intensive case management
- Online and in-person support groups for people in recovery and for families and friends
- World leading Peer Mentoring Program that matches people in recovery with someone who has recovered from an eating disorder
- Compassionate and evidence-based programs for people affected by, or at risk of developing an eating disorder
- Ambassador Program that trains and supports people with lived experience to share their recovery story in a variety of settings (eg. hospitals, universities, professional groups)
- Education activites for schools, workplaces and business to raise awareness and promote early intervention in the community
How will my funds make a difference?
Examples of how your donation can make a difference include:
- $50 funds a peer mentoring activity, such as preparing and cooking a meal.
- $100 supports an Ambassador to travel to and speak at a hospital inpatient program
- $250 makes it possible for our telehealth nurse to continue to connect with and case manage people in recovery in the community.
- $500 sponsors a volunteer to train and work on the EDV Hub for 12 months.
What will this mean?
By supporting EDV, you will help ensure that we can keep up with the growing demand for our service. You will be giving Victorians affected by eating disorders the chance to not only survive, but thrive.