Consistent with Victorian Government policy and legislation, the Eating Disorders Foundation of Victoria endorses fair information handling practices and uses of information in compliance with its obligations under the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic) and the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic). Any information provided, including identification of individuals, will be used only for the purpose/s intended and where the intention includes confidentiality, information will be treated as such unless otherwise required by law.
This Website Privacy Statement explains how your personal information (being information capable of identifying you as an individual) will be treated as you access and interact with this website.
Collection of your personal information
The personal information we collect via this website may include:
- the content of any electronic forms you submit via this website, requesting us to provide services or information, or take actions
- information submitted if you participate in an online survey
- any messages or comments you submit to us via this Website or to email addresses displayed on this website, which may include personal information such as name, email address and telephone number.
Email addresses provided via this site will only be used to respond to specific user queries and will not be added to mailing lists nor disclosed to any other party without users’ knowledge and consent, unless required by law.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Where we collect personal information from you via our website, a privacy disclaimer will indicate which third parties we might share your information with (if any). In addition to providing our services to you and carrying out your requests, we may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you for purposes including the following:
- for the purpose that we have collected the information;
- purposes related to our research, planning, product and service development, security and testing;
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of this website;
- where we suspect that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in; and· any other purposes required or authorised by law.
You should be aware that there are risks in transmitting information across the Internet. While we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us online and individuals do so at their own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. If you are concerned about conveying sensitive material to us over the Internet, you might prefer to contact us by telephone or mail. We will remove personal information from our system where it is no longer required (except where archiving is required and in order to fulfil our obligations under the Public Records Act 1973 (Vic)).Feedback, information request form and email
We may preserve the content of any feedback form, information request form, email or other electronic message that we receive. Any personal information contained in that message will only be used or disclosed in ways set out in this Website Privacy Statement. We will not use that information to add you to a mailing list without your consent.
Links to external websites
This Website Privacy Statement does not extend beyond this website. When following links to other sites from this website, we recommend that you read the privacy statement of that site to familiarise yourself with its privacy practices.