- Fixed term (12-months)
- 0.4EFT (two days per week)
- Pay rate: Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (SCHADS): Level 3
Thanks to funding from the Department of Health and Human Services, EDV will be providing a new innovative program to support families with young people newly diagnosed with eating disorders at commencement of the treatment journey.
The carer coaches will provide a structured program of one on one carer coaching sessions with families over 6-8 weeks, drawing on both their own lived experience as a carer doing family led refeeding and recovery, and the experiences of others. They will be also involved in supporting a weekly online information/support group for families on waitlists to commence treatment.
The carer coaches will receive comprehensive training and peer supervision, and have access to a range of expertise in the EDV team and in the broader eating disorders sector.
- Carry a caseload of families receiving weekly one on one coaching sessions for 6-8 weeks, including planning sessions and recording notes on sessions.
- Co-facilitate weekly online information/support group
- Assist Director, Strategic Programs, with development and collection of key indicators for evaluation
- Liaise with EDV team members as required (especially Telehealth Nurse and Wellbeing Program Coordinator)
- Contribute to other EDV activities that support carers
- Other duties consistent with position as directed by the Director, Strategic Program.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Experience as a carer, who has undertaken a family led refeeding and recovery approach with a young person who has achieved recovery
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Curiosity, enjoyment of learning and eager to implement growth-oriented feedback Capacity to incorporate other family’s different experiences into your working knowledge base.
- Ability to build rapport and strong collaborative relationships with strong interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working both collaboratively within a team and independently as needed
- Previous experience providing formal or informal support to families undertaking a family led refeeding and recovery approach
- Experience in program development
- Understanding of central tenets of Family Based Treatment, and key components of success.
How to apply
Please read the position description before applying.
Send a cover letter addressing the essential and desirable selection criteria, and a current resume to:
Belinda Caldwell, EDV CEO
Applications close Dec 16th 5:00PM AEDT