Volunteer Support Group facilitators – Gippsland
Eating Disorders Victoria (EDV) is seeking volunteers to co-facilitate two new online support groups in Gippsland. The support groups will be part of the Gippsland PHN/Butterfly Foundation and EDV Project.
Support Group for Carers/Supports of someone with an Eating Disorder: a monthly group aimed at supporting and educating families/supports who are playing an active role in recovery of their loved one. Location: online
Support Group for people living with an eating disorder: a monthly group aimed at supporting people living with an eating disorder. Location: online
Each group will have two co-facilitators.
EDV will provide:
- All training and support for facilitators
- Information and support about running groups in an online setting
- Access to a dedicated EDV staff member to assist with all aspects of the online support groups
- All bookings and contacts for groups participants
- Access for volunteers to engage with other EDV events
All facilitators need to have lived experience of either an eating disorder or lived experience as a carer/support person of someone with an eating disorder. Those with lived experience of an eating disorder &/or other mental health issues need to be recovered for a minimum period of two (2) years and be well enough to engage in group work.
- Applications close Monday September 28th
- Training will take place in October – dates TBC
- Online support groups to commence in November – dates TBC
If you are interested in receiving a position description or further information about these facilitator roles, please contact:
Rebecca Lister, Director Strategic Programs EDV.
Ph: 9994 0354 ext 215