We understand that sharing your experience with the eating disorder service system may feel overwhelming, for many reasons. Putting together the words to describe what will often be a long, complicated and deeply personal story is understandably challenging.
If you would like speak to someone about how you can share your experience with the eating disorder service system, please contact us on 1300 550 236, or email us at email@example.com
How can you engage in the Royal Commission with the support of EDV?
- Community Consultations, April 5th – May 22nd 2019
A representative from EDV will be attending the vast majority of the Community Consultation sessions.
If you are wanting to attend a session but don’t want to go alone, please reach out to us so that someone from EDV can connect with you there. Likewise, we encourage you to attend with a friend or a family member if you would like some extra support.To find a Community Consultation Session near you, please see the Royal Commission website.
To let EDV know you’re attending a Community Consultation Session, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgConsultation questions
The Commission is asking people in your community to address the following questions:1. Reflecting on mental health services, what do you think works well?
• What kind of service (e.g.) hospital stay, community-based support?
• Was it a metro, regional or rural setting?2. Reflecting on mental health services, what do you think does not work well?
• What kind of service (e.g.) hospital stay, community-based support)?
• Was it a metro, regional or rural setting?3. What needs to change to improve Victoria’s mental health services?
4. Is there anything else important that you came here to talk about today, that you did not get a chance to say and want to share?
- Share your experience and suggestions, April 2019
EDV will be holding weekly writing workshops / support sessions for anyone who needs support articulating their story.
Submissions can be made in writing, online, audio and video.Session times and dates:Thursday April 11th 2019, 2pm-4pm
Other sessions TBA.Please send us an email if you are planning to attend: email@example.com
- Call for submissions to the Commission’s terms of reference, from April 2019
- Online discussion forums, mid 2019
- Surveys, mid 2019
- Hearings, from June to July 2019
For more information regarding the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System, please see the official website at www.rcvmhs.vic.gov.au