This year EDV has created 12 different ways of giving back this Christmas. Giving financially to EDV will go directly towards keeping our support services running, however there are also ways that you can support EDV through purchasing goods or sharing your lived experience.
By supporting EDV, you are helping people with an eating disorder and their families to access:
- A free and confidential telephone, email and drop-in support service where people can get information, support and up-to-date listings of professionals with experience in treating eating disorders.
- Monthly support group meetings for those in recovery and for family and friends in locations across Melbourne.
- Workshops, presentations and courses aimed at the early intervention and support of people with eating disorders for professionals, workplaces, schools and the community.
- Group programs specifically designed for carers, people in recovery and people who are at risk of an eating disorder.
- Peer support program matching people transitioning from hospital treatment with a mentor who has fully recovered from an eating disorder.
- Low cost psychology and dietitian sessions for people experiencing eating disorders and related issues, as well as for the family and friends who are supporting a loved one.
Thank you. We couldn’t do what we do without your support.