While EDV no longer provides private dietetics therapy for eating disorders, we have a range of other support options that you can explore.
Contact the EDV Hub
The EDV Hub is a free and safe service for anyone in Victoria seeking information and support about eating disorders. Our friendly team of volunteers staff the EDV Hub Mon – Fri from 9.30am – 4.30pm. Get in touch if you are looking for:
- Psychology, mental health or dietetics therapy for eating disorders. Our team can provide you with possible options in the both the public and private health systems.
- Information or referral to recovery support services offered at EDV.
- General eating disorder information and support.
EDV Telehealth Counselling
EDV Telehealth Counselling is a free support service that is available to any Victorian who is concerned they may be experiencing or currently diagnosed with an eating disorder, as well as those caring for someone with an eating disorder.
Our qualified Counsellors offer an understanding and expert ear to talk to. Counsellors work to understand your unique situation and provide tailored information and support. Counselling sessions are free and are available for up to five, 30-minute sessions.
EDV Telehealth Nurse
The Telehealth Nurse service is a free support service that is available to any Victorian who is experiencing an eating disorder or who is caring for someone with an eating disorder. The Telehealth Nurse service is suitable for people at all stages of the treatment journey. Our Nurses work to:
- Understand your history, needs and treatment goals
- Locate specialised eating disorder health professionals relevant to your location and plan next steps of action
- Provide useful information, support and educational resources
EDV Online Support Groups
- REACH – for people experiencing restrictive and compensatory behaviours
- BEYOND – for people experiencing binge eating and compensatory behaviours
- COSMO – for people experiencing an eating disorder and also having difficulties with other health conditions such as (but not limited to) alcohol or drug use, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, autism.
- BLOOM – for people in the LGBTIQA+ community experiencing eating disorders
- VIVA- for people with any eating disorder who identify as being in a larger body
- rALLY Support Groups for parents and caregivers who are actively involved in the care of someone with an eating disorder (usually a child or young adult)
- RENEW – for long term care givers who are looking for self-care strategies and support
To learn more and book your place, please see here.