Body Project Australia is a dissonance-based early intervention program for young women aged 14-18 years who experience body dissatisfaction.
The program is an adapted version of The Body Project, an evidence-based program that has been delivered to young women worldwide.
The program aims to decrease the extent to which young women ‘buy into’ societal appearance ideals by voluntarily engaging them in a series of verbal, written and behavioural exercises. The program is suitable for students who identify themselves as being dissatisfied with their body, and may be engaging in dieting and disordered eating behaviours.
The program is:
- A four-week program delivered over consecutive weeks
- Sessions are 1.5 hours in duration (or a double period)
- Designed to be delivered to a group of up to 12 young people
- Delivered by EDV trained facilitators
- Delivered during or after school hours