How to Volunteer
Interested in helping out?
EDV supports the definitions and principles of volunteering as stated by Volunteering Australia.
Volunteer Training & Recruitment
EDV generally recruits volunteers once or twice a year or on an as need basis so opportunities for volunteering can be limited and are subject to availability.
All volunteers go through a comprehensive internal training program followed by an observation period, supervised period and 3 month probationary period. Ongoing training and support is provided.
Please note due to the high demand of applications we are unable to interview everyone interested in volunteering. Volunteers are shortlisted. Shortlisted applicants are offered an interview. Reference checks, working with children checks and police checks apply. Wellness criteria also apply.
Volunteer application process:
- Submit the volunteer application form along with a copy of your resume and 2 references. You will receive notification of receipt of your application & advised of the next intake.
Applications are shortlisted. Suitable applicants are offered an interview; unsuitable applicants are advised via email.
- Those successful at interview stage are invited to attend training. Those that are unsuitable will be notified.
- Participate in an observation period.
- Post observation meeting to determine suitability for ongoing volunteering.
- Volunteer role offered.
- 3 month probationary period.
- Ongoing duties.
- Last revision date: Friday, 01 July 2016 13:39