Stories of Recovery provide much needed hope to people affected by eating disorders. They prove that recovery from an eating disorder is possible, and highlight the diverse journeys people take to get there. Sharing your story also gives you a chance to reflect on your own experience, and may help you find acceptance or peace within your own journey.
Who can share their story?
- Individuals who have recovered from an eating disorder
- Anyone who has been close to someone who has recovered from an eating disorder (parents, siblings, partners, friends, grandparents etc.)
We know that everyone’s experience of an eating disorder is unique and no two stories are the same. We encourage a broad and diverse range of stories, from both individuals who have recovered, and those who have supported them along the way.
Where will stories be published?
Recovery stories will be published on the EDV website. If we’re interested in using your story for another EDV publication, we will contact you for your permission.
Things to think about
It’s important your story remains recovery focused. Take some time to reflect on the following questions.
- Do I feel ready to write my story? If yes, do I have supports in place in case I need them?
- Is what I’m writing helpful for the reader? How am I making them feel?
- What is the message I want to leave the reader with?