School staff play a vital role in supporting young people at risk of or experiencing eating disorders. However, school staff can often feel apprehensive about how to best support students who may be experiencing difficulties.
EDV’s Education team provide professional development workshops to equip people working in education (primary, secondary and tertiary) with the skills needed to identify and support students who may be at risk of an eating disorder.
EDV offer two workshops for school staff. Bespoke workshops can also be developed depending on the need.
Eating Disorders 101 for Teachers
$31 pp incl. GST
$341 per group incl. GST
A brief workshop designed to provide staff with some basic information about eating disorders, including:
- Eating Disorders – a brief overview of types, risk factors and warning signs
- The role of body image, dieting and the media
- Factors that can protect against the development of an eating disorder
- The importance of early intervention
Suitable for all school staff (maximum 30 people)
Should I Say Something for Teachers
$88 pp incl. GST
$1056 per group incl. GST
A comprehensive early intervention workshop designed to give staff a good understanding of eating disorders, particularly the warning signs and how to approach students they may be concerned about. This workshop is based on the Eating Disorders: First Aid Guidelines (2008). It covers:
- Eating disorder types and prevalence
- Risk factors
- Warning signs
- Treatment and support options
- How to approach and support someone who is at risk of developing or experiencing an eating disorder
Suitable for all school staff (maximum 20 people)