“Clear, informative, interesting and very well run. Wish it was a prerequisite for all people working in the health and fitness industry to complete in order graduate.”
– Feedback from workshop
Professionals in the fitness industry are in an ideal position to identify and respond to people at risk of developing of or experiencing an eating disorder. That’s why EDV developed a training program accredited with Fitness Australia to help professionals appropriately respond to and support clients.
A Collaborative Approach to Eating Disorders for Exercise Professionals
Fitness Australia accredited
3 CEC credits
$88 incl. GST
This is a comprehensive 4-hour education workshop for the fitness industry within Victoria. The workshop will explore:
- Myths and stereotypes
- Eating disorders and obesity
- Striving for health in an eating disorder journey
- Understanding eating disorders
- Fitness professionals role
- How to raise your concerns
- How to support someone
- When and where to refer
- How to build protective factors for good mental health in your clients.
The workshop is interactive and collaborative with fitness industry specific examples.