EDV has created a video series to provide information and resources for GPs in Gippsland who work with people affected by eating disorders.
These videos feature discussions with Rebecca Lister, EDV’s Director of Strategic programs, Dr. Jenny Conway, specialist in managing eating disorders, and Dr. Sarah Smith, Gippsland GP.
Topics covered in the video series include:
- Identifying Eating Disorders and Screening Tools for GPs
How GPs can identify eating disorder presentations in clients and information on a variety of available screening tools.
- Eating Disorder Treatment Plans and the EDE-Q
Information about the Eating Disorder Examination Questionnaire (EDE-Q) and how GPs can appropriately refer clients using the Eating Disorder Treatment Plan under Medicare.
- Setting Up Follow Up Appointments for Clients with Eating Disorders
Information on how to set up follow up appointments for clients with eating disorders and where to next.
- GP Responsibility for the Care Team
A discussion of the GP’s role in the care team when working with someone experiencing an eating disorder.
- Eating Disorder Q+A with Dr Jenny Conway
A question and answer session with Dr. Jenny Conway, covering the most frequently asked questions by GPs about eating disorders.