This workshop has been postponed till a later date. Please contact us to be notified of future workshops.
Families and friends provide important and necessary support to someone in recovery from an eating disorder. Caring for someone with an eating disorder is a huge job and can be challenging and stressful. It is important to ensure that those caring for someone with an eating disorder take the time to care for themselves and their own wellbeing.
This is a series of two workshops aimed at: improving carer’s wellbeing, developing coping strategies and increasing problem solving skills. The workshops are designed for carers – parents, partners, siblings or friends.
Key elements in the workshops include:
- Learning about caring styles
- Developing skills to help support a loved one
- Understanding what may be happening in your loved one’s mind
- Increasing awareness of the effects of an eating disorder on behaviour
- Exploring communication styles and developing problem solving skills
- Highlighting, identifying and promoting opportunities for self-care
- Learning, practising and applying new skills to support and encourage recovery
- Connecting with others going through a similar experience
WHEN: Saturday June 15th and 29th, 10am -5pm (both sessions)
WHERE: EDV, Level 2, Cnr Lulie & Abbot St, Abbotsford, VIC 3067
COST: $150 for both sessions
For further information, please contact EDV Education Manager Rebecca Lister on 1300 550 236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org